Thursday, March 3, 2011

Easiest Scarf Ever

I don't knit. I wish I did, but I don't. I remember in college, a group of older women would meet in our favorite coffee shop and knit. I wanted to join their little posse, but I think I might impale myself with those huge needles if I tried. So, I never thought I could make a scarf (without risking my own death atleast).

Until...This little tool came into my life. Funny looking, right? Awhile back I went to Snyder and hung out with a good friend of mine who enlightened me to this little slice of heaven. And you want to know the best part?!? They sold it right there in Snyder at Wal-Mart. That is a miracle folks, so I was able to go let my mom buy it for me get it right then and get started.


It is so, so easy and cheap! You basically just wrap the yarn and then use the hook thing (technical I know) to loop the yarn over itself. It makes tubes out of the yarn, and you can use the tubes however you want to. The smaller end made the tube for the flower.


This is the scarf I made. I totally copied it from my friend who copied it from a gift she got. (You can call me a copy-cat. I'm basically immune to that word since I hear it 957 times a day from my Kinder friends) She also made some really cute mini ones for her daughter.

I loved it and got a lot of compliments on it. The only downside to it was that I found out about it later in the season, so I didn't get to wear it much. There's always next year!


I don't think this would necessarily qualify me for the coffee shop club, but it was quick and easy so I loved it! Here's to being a fake knitter!
P.S- Wanna know one reason I hardly ever blog?! Uploading pictures makes me crazy! It takes me forever! Anyone else have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment