Friday, February 4, 2011

Wall Art

This is not something recent, but it is something easy! When I first started reading blogs- a couple of years ago this was one of the first things I made based on something I saw on the blogs. It has been moved twice, but has surprisingly held up well.



All I did was get a bunch of frames from a junk store. ( I very rarely buy frames new anymore- thrift stores always have a ton that just need a little spray paint loving) I took the glass out and spray painted them all green. Next, I made transparencies of a bunch of mixmatched letters off of Word. (You know us teachers and our love/hate relationship with transparencies.)


A few nails and a little double stick tape and you are done!



A little while after I did this- cricuts and vinyl became all the rage, but as we have established- I'm cheap and not changing this, but vinyl would look great too!

I'm linking to The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! What a cute and cheap way to jazz up a room. Will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply nifty and thrifty! Glad I found your blog, happy to be a new follower. :) Please consider sharing your creativity with my followers by linking to my blog bash K.I.S.S. on Sunday.

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog on Shabby Nest. I posted a project there too...my very first. While reading some of your older posts I've found we have a little in common...
    1. I was a teacher...then a sahm...now a substitute soon to be taking a maternity leave in kindergarten.
    2. I've had a blog...gave it up...and now I'm back because I spend my free time reading all those cute crafty and diy blogs out there...LOVE THEM!

    Love your blog...can I ask...how did you find "Cutest blog on the block"?? I want to spiff mine up someday soon but don't know where to turn. I'd love for you to visit mine...Polka Dots and Stripes...keep posting! Amy (ps...not sure why my husband's name is at the top? I will have to spend some time fixing that!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! How cute, this is also going on my "to-do" list!!!
    Check out my new blog when you get a chance!:
    http://chasingmynoah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete