Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Very Vela Christmas...Book



I hate to call this a Christmas Scrapbook. I think true scrapbookers would cringe at me using that term. I am not a scrapbooker. I do not have the patience or creative juices to make that happen. I have a Cricut and love all things paper, but somehow can not manage to put those two together to create scrapbooks.

With that said, this is a very Vela Christmas....Book. This was our fourth Christmas to celebrate as a married couple. I wanted to make something to put our Christmas card in and to also store the cute cards we get from our friends. Plus I also felt like going to Hobby Lobby.


It is definitely simple. No bells and whistles here folks. It was quick and easy and served my purpose. Each year has just one page that includes our Christmas card and a few details we remember from the year like how we celebrated, where we lived, what we got. I was shocked and appalled to find out we took absolutely NO pictures during our first Christmas. WHO.DOES.THAT! So frustrating!




I used my cricut to cut out the trees and the stars and cut plenty for years to come so this can be done quickly as we are putting our Christmas stuff away.



Then I put all the cards we got from this year in an envelope and slid them behind the page. Easy peasy!

Plus, we counted and it has enough room for us to use it until we are in our 40s! That's what I call long lasting! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great idea!! I never know what to do with the Christmas cards...I usually just cut the pictures off and hang them on my fridge. This would be a much better way to keep them :)

    ReplyDelete