Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to the Basics

Today was rough. Not like in your face rough, just million things piling up on you with no end in sight kind of rough.



Things at school are crazy busy. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love that the kids are used to me/my routines and things are just all around smoother. I love that we are on the down hill slide. I hate the never ending testing and paper work. I hate the urgency, stress, and worry of getting some of my kids where they need to be. Did I mention all the paperwork? Needless to say, I had my grumpy pants on all. day. long.

On the home front, I am a planner. I love lists. I love getting things together. I love being ready for what's next. I really have never struggled in making decisions. Like I think I came out of the womb doing this. With all that said, I have no idea what we are doing for Ryan's clinicals. None. Nadda. Nothing.We have made lists, thought about it, talked EVERYONE I know's ear off about it (sorry if you are one of the unlucky ones). All of this and I am no more settled than I was when we started and this REALLY frustrates me.


So between school and thinking about our future every second of the day, I have been one big ball of crabby, not nice, stressed, irritable, pity partying, not fun person. And today was the culmination of all of that blowing up in my face. Needless to say it wasn't my best day ever.

However, lucky for me today was the day that Ryan and I finally decided to sit down and get serious about reading our Bibles together. I decided to start off with something easy and did the proverbs for the day (Ry started with Romans, ha go figure!) In one little proverbs it had over 4 verses about the Lord directing our path, leading us, having the final say etc. etc. etc. Think He's trying to tell me something? It was exactly what I needed to hear. So now I just need to focus on not only asking for guidance, but trusting that he is giong to deliver it. Sounds easy, right?

Now to go along with this new focus, I needed a new journal. Now old on my parents income Beth would have run right out to Target and bought some cute little diddy. But new my husband is in PA school Beth made one out of stuff at the house! Here's what I did. First I cut a regular spiral in half. I learned this trick at some workshop and use it all the time in my classroom. (Note- if cutting your own spiral, check to see if husbands important PA notes are in spiral BEFORE cutting! whoops) This will make it easier to carry with me to church, school, etc. The rest was just a little scrapbook paper and modge podge AND I used my cricut dear!


Here hoping tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment